How to protect yourself using American Exchange Bank’s Online and Mobile Banking tools:
- Promptly install operating system updates on all of your devices – Outdated software may expose mobile devices to security vulnerabilities.
- Know how to remotely locate & wipe your mobile phone – Most smartphones have software available to help you locate your phone via GPS and remotely remove all data from your device in the event it’s lost or stolen.
- Password protect your mobile devices – Set your device to lock when it's not being used. This will help prevent someone from getting access to your personal data.
- Create strong passwords for logging into Mobile Banking apps – Don’t use personal information like birthdates, anniversaries, or addresses in your passwords. Make sure passwords are at least 8 characters and contain a combination of letters, numbers, or special characters that won’t be easy for anyone to guess.
- Avoid unsecure Wi-Fi networks, such as those found at coffee shops or hotels – Fraud artists might be able to access your information on open networks.
- Be on guard against unsolicited e-mails or text messages – These could be "phishing" messages containing some sort of urgent request (such as a warning that you need to "verify" bank account or other personal information) or an amazing offer (one that is "too good to be true") designed to lead you to a fake Website controlled by thieves.
- Log off of Online and Mobile Banking apps when finished – This may protect you in the event you inadvertently leave your computer or mobile device unattended or allow someone else to use it.
Report a Lost or Stolen Debit Card
American Exchange Bank is partnered with Elan Financial Services FraudWatch Program to provide debit card security for our customers. To Report a Lost or Stolen Debit Card, Please call a FraudWatch Analyst at (800) 264-5578.